Meet Trusted Prosper, TX Oral Surgeon
Get to Know
Sammy Houari , DDS, MD
Dr. Sammy Houari grew up in Colorado Springs before moving down to Dallas. Through his extensive training, he gained a passion for performing complex oral and facial surgeries. His surgical interests include dental implant placement, maxillofacial reconstruction, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) therapy, and orthognathic surgery. Dr. Houari believes in putting patients first and providing care at the highest level possible.
- Undergraduate: University of Texas at Dallas
- Dental School: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern
- General Surgery Internship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: Parkland Memorial Hospital/University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Where Did You Study Dentistry?
Dr. Houari earned his bachelor’s degree at the University of Texas at Dallas, and he then attended the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, where he graduated summa cum laude with his dental degree. His pursuit for additional training in oral and maxillofacial surgery brought him back to Dallas where he completed his residency training at Parkland Memorial Hospital and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. As part of his education, he also earned a medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern and completed his internship in general surgery there.
Outside of the Dental Office, What Do You Like to Do?
Outside of oral surgery, Dr. Houari enjoys spending time with his wife, Sara, and son, Syrus. He enjoys traveling, spending time outdoors, and cheering on his favorite sports teams, the Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, and Arsenal.